Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remote Messages for WhatsApp?

Remote messages for whatsapp would be killer and, will this program be updated to iOS7 specifically the 5s?

Thanks

Comments

• I second that. It would be a godsend.
  • +1 from me. For this feature I'm willing to pay an extra.
  • +1, I'd pay for an add on, but if your really nice your do it for free ;)
  • This is something we've been debating internally for quite some time.

Actually implementing WhatsApp support is no easy feat and would require a lot of reverse engineering, time and effort to get a feature working @Al and I don't actually use. That being said, we can see the need for something like this so don't rule out it being done. We are currently mulling over the idea of creating a kick starter project for this to see how much interest there is in something like this.
  • Just to update you guys on this. We actually made good progress on integrating WhatsApp into RM but have had to abandon the project =[.

It seems WhatsApp have gone back to their litigious ways and we don't really want to be on the receiving end of any legal action. Unfortunately until WhatsApp become a bit more open with their API's there isn't much we can do.

Sources:
    https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2014-02-12-WhatsApp.md
  • This is the type's of reasons I refuse to use whatsapp.. while I was out of the country I needed it... but... Not anymore... Stupid really...
  • Sad news, was ready to jump on your future Kickstarter Project. It's so urgently needed. I hate WhatsApp and mostly use Hangouts, but in my country about 95% are into Whatsapp.

What about the idea with replacing the clipboard in background (+ perhaps an autopaste after a button click). I'm sure this woudn't be a copyright infridgement and would be really usefull :) I'm sure there are other people who would donate for this also.
  • I wonder what will happen now that Facebook have acquired WhatsApp.
  • Alex,

It seems there is something that does that on Android, called "Whats Remote": https://whatsremote.com/
    (I haven't tried it, I don't have Android)

Perhaps the "litigious ways" of Whatsapp softened?
  • Alex,
    with the launch of whatsremote we can see that it's not a problem so i hope you can implement it too. Please! Please!
  • "WhatsRemote is down, what now?
    If that happens, check our Twitter account for status updates."

^^ Hm... Doesn't sound like they've reversed engineered it
  • They still seem to be pretty up-tight about 3rd party usage of their API. Don't worry we are keeping our eye on the situation. If WA get a bit more lax we'll seriously look into implementing it once more.
  • we need something like what airdroid does.
  • bumping for interest
  • +1 for this feature
  • +1000000000000000 for this feature !

i used whatsremote for months on Android and works fine..

good lucky guys !
  • this should get going... honestly.. IMN has an addon for quick reply. I don't see why not!