Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remote Messages 3.0.1 connection issue

edited March 2014 in Community
Hello everyone, I'm having a substantial problem with my remote messages app. I'm running an iPhone 5S 7.0.4 in conjunction with a Windows 8.1 notebook using the latest version of Chrome. It's been working great for months now, however today I have been getting connection issues. "connection to device lost retrying connection (Attempt 1)" is constantly flashing below the taskbar. I am able to view contacts and messages just fine including pictures, outgoing messages are sent after a short delay and are only shown on my iPhone. I have all firewalls turned off, network/router settings have not been changed since the last time everything worked fine. I've come to rely on this application greatly, I hope there's a simple solution to this issue :)

Comments

  • anyone?
  • Remote messages shouldn't just stop working out of the blue. Sonethibg must have changed recently, install or update any tweaks? Change in your network infrastructure?
  • Nothing except for biteSMS beta updates.
  • Might be a good place to start, try uninstalling bitesms and see if that stops the issue.
  • Everything works fine on my desktop, however my laptop is still having the same issue. Are there any network settings I can change?
  • same issue with Firefox on laptop
  • When you ping your ios device from your laptop continuously, do you get any drop outs? Any replies at all?
  • no dropouts 100ms ping
  • And it works fine on your desktop? Are they both connecting to your is device through the same network?

    You tried temporarily disabling the firewall on your laptop?
  • Desktop is fine, was formatted a few days ago with all firewalls and default Microsoft nonsense enabled. Laptop has default firewall disabled, solidworks, matlab and ad-aware are the only programs installed. Yes they are both on the same network, stock verizon FIOS home router.
  • edited March 2014
    tried connecting through iTunnel per the guide, same issue. Texts and contacts can be read and accessed fine.
  • Check the Javascript console in your browser, do you have any errors there? If so, paste them. The fact that it works on a Desktop machine but not on your Laptop is baffling.
  • edited March 2014
    I'm not at all versed at Java, is this what you mean by the console? http://i.imgur.com/4HVvwgi.png
    http://i.imgur.com/kp12VLJ.png
  • I don't see any errors there. I assume these are taken from your Laptop?
    I've just caught up with this thread- is it still working perfectly on your Desktop?
  • I got it to work, no idea how. I wish I had an explanation to eventually help someone else, but all I did was leave the window open for a good two hours, the error disappeared and everything works perfectly.
  • I'm having the same issue, same scenario, works on desktop, but on laptop, I can read messages, allbeit more slowly, but constant re-connect loop is happening. Desktop is on same network as laptop, tried with both wifi and usb, chrome and IE, iphone and ipad, changed various RM settings, removed BiteSMS, re-installed remote messages on my iphone and ipad, re-started several network services on the laptop, rebooted several times, kept the window open for hours, all to no avail. When I run itunnel, I send the output to text file. While this endless re-connection loop is happening, I get the following output from the command prompt, repeating over and over:

    [INFO] Info: New connection...
    [INFO] Device connected
    [INFO] USBMuxConnectByPort OK
    [INFO] Info: New connection...
    [INFO] Device connected
    [INFO] USBMuxConnectByPort OK
    [INFO] Info: New connection...
    [INFO] Device connected
    [INFO] USBMuxConnectByPort OK

    And when I use python and tcprelay.py I get the following repeating output:

    Incoming connection to 333
    Found the device
    Connecting to device
    Connection established, relaying data
    Connection closed
    Incoming connection to 333
    Found the device
    Connecting to device
    Connection established, relaying data

    And throughout, on itunnel and tcprelay, I am able to successfully use veency, so there's no problem relaying the ports.

    This has to be some kind of weird interaction between the remote messages software and windows
Sign In or Register to comment.